3 Counties Wood Fuels
BIOMASS FUEL SUPPLIER USES BIOMASS
TO DRY ITS WOODCHIP SUPPLY
SUMMARY OF PROJECT:
- 2 x 1MW Kalvis boilers.
- 4 x heat exchanger and fan systems.
- System used to dry wood chip
- RHI Payments and fuel cost savings make the project both sustainable and financially viable.
- RHI Accreditation; RHI Accredited, so the product is generating additional revenue for the business.
MJS Mechanical and Electrical
Solutions are a Midlands-based
mechanical, plumbing and electrical
design and installation company.
MJS regularly carry out installations for other renewable energy companies
throughout the UK, offering them access
to an experienced team of installers,
builders and groundworkers to assist
with their project delivery if additional
capacity is required.
firstname.lastname@example.org - 01568 760 075
Total Project Price:
. *Financial information not specific to this project – figures are based on an average of several typical products of this size. Current information on RHI payments for guidance only, not to be considered a guarantee.
After renovating their family home and installing a Heizoack wood chip boiler, the owners saw a market for producing biomass fuel and used their knowledge and experience of sustainable timber harvesting to establish their new company.
David and Louis Saer diversified their timber harvesting business, Chalford Timber, which had been established for 35 years.
Today, 3 Counties Wood Fuels is a familyrun business that sources round timber from sustainable sources, heavily supported by the Forestry commission as well as from private estates who manage their own woodlands. As well as running the harvesting business and producing biofuel from their hub in Leominster in North Herefordshire, 3 Counties Wood Fuels is also able to offer impartial advice on switching to biomass, running and maintaining the biomass boiler systems, attaining renewable heat incentive (RHI) payments as well establishing and maintaining sustainable woodlands.
3 Counties Wood Fuels' main driver was to increase its supply of wood chip by significantly reducing the drying time required between each batch. This will also ensure the company is able to supply biomass wood fuel on demand to its growing customer base. In addition to being able to increase its supply of wood chip, the company will also benefit from the Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI) scheme that will see the system generating approximately £190,0000 in payments every year for the next 20 years (index linked), which will work out to approximately £4 million over the course of the scheme.
Biomass heating Summary
- 199kw Biomass Boiler.
- Runs on wood pellets.
- 5m pellet auger to enable a large fuel store to minimise fills.
- 5,000 litre buffer tank.
- 1 class 2 RHI eligible ultrasonic heat meters complete with certification.
- Biomass boiler linked to existing heating and hot water system.
- High efficiency, low energy main system pump.
- Full assistance with RHI application including schematic drawings.
- Commissioning, programming and end user training.