Hay House Nursing Home
RHI PAYMENTS AND FUEL COST SAVINGS
UNDERPIN CLIENT’S HIGH LEVELS OF
SUMMARY OF PROJECT:
- 150kw Lindner & Sommerauer Biomass Boiler.
- Distribution pipework including all internal connections to heating systems
- Runs on wood pellets.
- Biomass Fuel Cost Reduction; 20-40% over all.
- CO2 reduction; 96% or 66 tonnes versus heating oil (Biomass Energy Centre)
- RHI Accreditation; soon to be RHI Accredited and will generate additional revenue stream for the care home owners
- RHI Payments and fuel cost savings make the project both sustainable and financially viable.
MJS Mechanical and Electrical
Solutions are a Midlands-based
mechanical, plumbing and electrical
design and installation company.
MJS regularly carry out installations for other renewable energy companies
throughout the UK, offering them access
to an experienced team of installers,
builders and groundworkers to assist
with their project delivery if additional
capacity is required.
email@example.com - 01568 760 075
Fuel Cost Saving:
Total Project Price:
. *Financial information not specific to this project – figures are based on an average of several typical products of this size. Current information on RHI payments for guidance only, not to be considered a guarantee.
Hay House is a family- owned and run nursing home specialising in the care of people with dementia and other mental health conditions.
Resident comfort is a priority for the owners, who were expecting large heating bills from the three old and inefficient oil boilers they were using to heat this Grade II listed building.
In partnership with Rainbow Heat and Power & Wye Valley Energy, we won a competitive tender for the supply and installation of a 150kw Linder & Sommerauer biomass boiler which would need to run on EN Plus grade wood pellets.
Two 2,000 litre buffer stores, all associated fitting accessories and a wood pellet fuel suction system were also included. As part of the project, we also managed Hay House’s RHI application.
Complete Biomass District Heating Package
We installed the boiler, fuel delivery system and buffer tank in the plantroom as well as the heat main to connect the main farm house.
The Renewable Heat Incentive
A project this size would expect to receive RHI Payments of approximately £17,345 every year for 20 years, index linked to inflation.
They would also expect to gain a fuel cost saving of approximately £3,500 per annum. The fuel cost saving will deliver a payback on the capital cost in 4-5 years.
Biomass heating Summary
- 1 x 199kw Lindner & Sommerauer biomass boiler.
- 150Kw Lindner & Sommerauer biomass boiler.
- Runs on wood pellets.
- Fully automated wood pellet fuel system.
- 2 x 2,000 litre buffer tanks.
- 18m of underground heat main.
- Automatic ash extraction system.
- RHI eligible ultrasonic heat meters complete with certification.
- 150kw Consumer interface Unit fitted into main building.
- Biomass Boiler linked to existing heating and hot water system in the farm house.
- High efficiency, low energy main system pump.
- Full assistance with RHI application including schematic drawings,
- Bespoke boiler house construction.
- Commissioning, programming and end user training