Humber Court Farm (Our Offices)
WE SEE A HUGE REDUCTION IN
FUEL COSTS FROM SELF SUPPLYING
FUEL GROWN ON SITE
SUMMARY OF PROJECT:
- 50Kw Linder & Sommerauer Biomass Boiler.
- Distribution pipework including all internal connections to existing heating systems.
- Runs on wood sourced and chopped on site.
- Biomass Fuel Cost Reduction; 50-80% vs oil.
- CO2 Reduction; 96% vs oil (Source; Biomass Energy Centre)
- RHI Accreditation; the project is RHI accredited and is generating an additional revenue for the farm diversification business.
- RHI payments and fuel cost savings make the project both sustainable and financially viable.
MJS Mechanical and Electrical
Solutions are a Midlands-based
mechanical, plumbing and electrical
design and installation company.
MJS regularly carry out installations for other renewable energy companies
throughout the UK, offering them access
to an experienced team of installers,
builders and groundworkers to assist
with their project delivery if additional
capacity is required.
firstname.lastname@example.org - 01568 760 075
Fuel Cost Saving:
Total Project Price:
. *Financial information not specific to this project – figures are based on an average of several typical products of this size. Current information on RHI payments for guidance only, not to be considered a guarantee.
MJS’s offices and main HQ are at Humber Court farm, a 200-acre mixed livestock and arable farm in Leominster, Herefordshire.
The farm’s original biomass boiler was decommissioned, to make way for an RHI accredited wood chip district heating scheme. The boiler now heats the farm house and buildings. Heat is sent to the farm house by underground heat main.
Complete Biomass District Heating Package
It was a turnkey project, including all ground works and the construction of a new building to house the biomass boiler and fuel store.
We supplied and installed the boiler system, organised the trenching, laid the heat main and carried out all of the internal connections into the farm house and offices.
A large wood chip fuel store was built in the plant room. This minimises the number of fills per year and enables us to bulk chip our fuel from our own woodlands and hedges to keep costs down
The Renewable Heat Incentive
As well as fuel cost savings of 50-80%, the installation is accredited into the Renewable Heat Incentive.
The installation is now receiving quarterly RHI payments. The fuel cost savings and the RHI payments combined give a payback of 5-6 years.
Biomass heating Summary
- 1 x 50kw Linder and Sommerauer wood chip boiler.
- 4m agitator and 3m Auger to enable a large fuel store build and minimise fills.
- 2,000 litre buffer tank.
- High efficiency system pump.
- 2 x class 2 RHI eligible ultrasound heat meters complete with certification
- Biomass boiler linked to existing heating and hot water system.
- High efficiency, low energy main system pump.
- Full assistance with RHI application including schematic drawings.
- Commissioning, programming and end user training.