Lynhales Nursing Home
BIOMASS BOILER SYSTEM REPLACES 7 OIL
BOILERS, SAVES 40% FUEL COSTS & REDUCES
CO2 BY 96%
SUMMARY OF PROJECT:
- 2 x 99kw Lindner & Sommerauer biomass boilers and 1 x 150kw biomass boiler.
- Distribution pipework including all internal connections to existing heating systems
- Runs on wood pellets
- Biomass Fuel Cost Reduction; 20-40% over oil.
- CO2 Reduction; 96% (Source; Biomass Energy Centre)
- RHI Accreditation; Soon to be RHI accredited and will generate additional revenue stream for the nursing home.
- RHI payments and fuel cost savings make the product both sustainable and financially viable.
MJS Mechanical and Electrical
Solutions are a Midlands-based
mechanical, plumbing and electrical
design and installation company.
MJS regularly carry out installations for other renewable energy companies
throughout the UK, offering them access
to an experienced team of installers,
builders and groundworkers to assist
with their project delivery if additional
capacity is required.
email@example.com - 01568 760 075
Fuel Cost Saving:
Total Project Price:
. *Financial information not specific to this project – figures are based on an average of several typical products of this size. Current information on RHI payments for guidance only, not to be considered a guarantee.
Lynhales Hall Nursing Home is set in seven acres of wood and parkland with ornamental lakes. The Manor House, now refurbished, was built in circa 1588 and extended in the Georgian Period.
The Main House comprises two floors of single and shared rooms, the majority of which have en-suite facilities providing accommodation for 53 residents.
The driver for the customer was the reduction of a large annual oil bill to heat the nursing homes and offices.
The system would need to replace 7 ageing and inefficient oil boilers.
Complete Biomass District Heating Package
Wye Valley Energy carried out a turnkey project including all ground works, trenching, primary and secondary connections, erecting of buildings and all civils.
We also organise and oversaw the construction of a new building to house the biomass boilers and fuel store.
The Renewable Heat Incentive
As well as fuel cost savings of at least 20- 40%, the installation will soon be accredited into the Renewable Heat incentive.
Once approved, the client will start to receive quarterly RHI payments.
The RHI Payments and the fuel cost saving will ensure that the project is sustainable and financially viable.
Biomass heating Summary
The District heating scheme included;
- The District heating scheme included;
- 2 x 99kw biomass boilers in cascade and 1 150kw boiler.
- 3 x 4m pellet delivery augers.
- 1 x 4,000 ltr and 1 x 5,000 ltr buffer.
- 2 heat exchangers and 4 x class 2 RHI eligible ultrasonic heat meters complete with certification.
- Biomass boiler linked to existing heating and hot water system.
- Fully automated fuel delivery system
- High efficiency, low energy main system pump.
- Full assistance with RHI application including schematic drawings.
- Commissioning, programming and end user training.