BIOMASS THE BEST SOLUTION TO
INDIVIDUAL NEEDS WITH PERSONAL
INTERFACES IN EACH CABIN TO CONTROL
SUMMARY OF PROJECT:
- 1 x 100kW Guntamatic Powerchip biomass boiler
- Flues, thermal stores and distribution pipework including internal connections
- Runs on Wood chips.
- Biomass Fuel Cost Reduction; wood chips 50-80% vs oil (Source; Biomass Energy Centre).
- C02 Reduction; Up to 96% or 44 tonnes vs heating oil (Source; Biomass Energy Centre
- RHI Accreditation; A project of this size would gain an average of £11,038 every year for 20 years, index linked to inflation.
- RHI Payments and fuel cost savings make the project both sustainable and financially viable.
MJS Energy are a Midlands-based
mechanical, plumbing and electrical
design and installation company.
MJS Energy regularly carry out installations for other renewable energy companies
throughout the UK, offering them access
to an experienced team of installers,
builders and groundworkers to assist
with their project delivery if additional
capacity is required.
email@example.com - 01568 760 075
Fuel Cost Saving:
Total Project Price:
. *Financial information not specific to this project – figures are based on an average of several typical products of this size. Current information on RHI payments for guidance only, not to be considered a guarantee.
A charming group of barn conversions, Pitt Farm Cottages is located in the picturesque coastal village of Branscombe in Devon. It is the idyllic location to enjoy a self-catering holiday in an area known for its outstanding natural beauty
Pitt Farm Cottages was keen to convert their system of heating oil to a reliable technology that will offer long term fuel cost savings whilst being able to reap the rewards of RHI payments. The owners at Pitt Farm Cottages were keen to replace their heating system to one that runs on wood chips.
The client wanted to use the fuel cost savings and RHI payments to help improve their profitability. A key future requirement was the easy billing of tenants
Complete Biomass District Heating Package
Alongside, Wye Valley Energy, we installed the boiler, fuel delivery system and buffer tank in the plantroom as well as the heat main to connect all of the buildings included in the district scheme. Consumer interface Units (CIUs) were fitted into each property, giving all of the controls such as timers, thermostats and RHI compliant heat meters in a single package. As there is no combustion occurring at the point of use, the CIUs do not need an annual safety check. The heat meter included in each form the basis of easy client billing.
The Renewable Heat Incentive
A 100kW project of this size would expect to receive Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI) Payments of £11,038 or more a year and to gain a fuel cost saving versus oil of 50%-80%.
Biomass heating Summary
- 100kW Guntamatic Powerchip biomass boiler heating system.
- Fully automated wood chip fuel delivery system.
- 3,000 litre buffer tank.
- 70m of underground heat main.
- Class A self-modulating system pump.
- RHI eligible ultrasonic heat meters complete with certification.
- Consumer Interface Unit fitted into each building in the district scheme.
- Biomass boiler linked to existing heating and hot water system.
- High efficiency, low energy main system pump.
- Full assistance with RHI application including schematic drawings.
- Bespoke boiler house construction.
- Commissioning, programming and end user training.